[NCUC-EC] Tasks and planning

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 08:42:38 CET 2015

Hi everyone

I know that is holidays period so I won't expect quick response but I
wanted to share here some task we have to do in short term:

   - Marrakech meeting schedule:

the deadline is 7th January to submit meeting requests for NCUC sessions.
we usually have the Tuesday constituency day and that would be covered.

do you think we should have an EC meeting in Marrakech? we can have remote
participation for those who won't be there.

there is possibility to have a NCUC session for CS as usual in Saturday,
cooperating with Adam and Jean-Jacques for that.

   - Call for volunteers for NCUC positions: we should start call for
   volunteers for the different positions NCUC to fill , NCUC
   representatives to NCSG EC, PC, GNSO SCI, PIR.

@Maryam please find out previous calls so we can use and tweak them. we
need volunteers to drafts the positions descriptions and do this by January
and also agreeing about the process and criteria.

   -  NCPH  meeting in LA planning & agenda: there is discussion about the
   NCPH meeting agenda (please find attached the draft agenda). we will also
   have our session during the meeting and before in Day 0.

please review the agenda and share your input. other groups are pushing for
discussing GNSO review and its future.

btw did you receive any communication from constituency travel for the
travel arrangement?

   - Marrakech meeting NCUC material: the flyer should be updated so we can
   get it printed for Marrakech meeting. any  additional other material you
   would like to make (deadline is 5th Feb)
   - Special financial requests:

deadline 15th February, we have the financial request process where we can
apply to get funding for some activities we would like to do. usually NCUC
applied every year to get support for an IGF workshop.

any idea on what activities/initiatives, support we want to apply this year
(please find the documentation attached). you can check what was requested
for previous fiscal years here
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=44958870

we need to work on that and have clear plan for each request.

   -  NCUC travel policy: we should launch the call for those interested to
   apply for NCUC support to attend Marrakech meeting. we should do the call
   by January.

as reminder http://www.ncuc.org/participate/ncuc-travel-support/

   - CROPP & outreach: we should discuss about our plan CROPP slots. one
   was allocated to Monika for conference in Brussels and she is working with
   Farzaneh to organize a NCUC side event there in addition to the panel. we
   should do the same for other CROPP slots i.e. having a NCUC side event or
   specific outreach activity.

this is just part of the outreach/in-reach efforts we have to work on.

we will have an NCUC EC call in 15th Jan. any suggestions for agenda items?

Happy holidays,

Best Regards,

Rafik