[NCUC-EC] EC Approval Processes

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:11:04 CEST 2015

I agree Bill. Thursday it is.

From: william.drake at uzh.ch
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 14:46:56 +0200
To: ncuc-ec at lists.ncuc.org
Subject: Re: [NCUC-EC] EC Approval Processes

Hi
On Aug 25, 2015, at 9:13 AM, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:Would be helpful to hear from Joao, Roy and Stefi.
Since I’m going through the bylaws to prepare suggestions to the Bylaws Team (on which I’d think all EC members should be active participants), I remind you of the following:
3. Voting on the EC on the matters listed in section IV.F below. All EC votes called by the Chair must be responded to in ten days. Regional representatives who fail to vote within that time limit four times in a row are considered to have resigned their office as per VII.B.2 below
9. Whenever EC votes are required by the charter but inaction by other members of the EC prevents tasks and duties required by the charter to be executed, the Chair is empowered to act to further the interests of the constituency.
I first wrote to you all on 17 August.  Per usual I didn’t formally call it a “vote" but clearly members were asked to express preferences with an eye toward getting consensus or failing that a majority decision. So on Thursday 27 August I will “call it” on the outstanding issues based on the majority sentiment expressed in whatever responses I’ve received.
Bill