[NCUC-EC] NCSG Policy Committee

GG ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:17:41 CET 2014

Great people. I am good!

--- Original Message ---

From: "William Drake" <wjdrake at gmail.com>
Sent: 31 October 2014 13:09
To: "Roy Balleste" <rballeste at stu.edu>
Cc: "Grace Githaiga" <ggithaiga at hotmail.com>, "Exec. Comm" <ncuc-ec at lists.ncuc.org>
Subject: Re: [NCUC-EC] NCSG Policy Committee

Hi

With great relief I am pleased to announce that we have an outstanding second to go with Joy—Matt Shears https://cdt.org/staff/matthew-shears/  of the Center for Democracy and Technology, which I am also delighted to report has applied for NCUC/SG membership.  CDT is of course a Big Dog in the field, the kind of org Fadi has been saying why don’t you have more of, and Matt has been exceptionally active and excellent in building CS engagement in a whole bunch of places—IGF, ITU, CSTD, and beyond.  And now getting very into ICANN stuff, as evidenced by his recent writings, including in the Beyond Netmundial book, and our Skype chat.  He will actively contribute, write comments, etc.

Everyone good with this?  Would like to announce ASAP so the PC can elect a new chair and get back to work…

Bill

> On Oct 16, 2014, at 12:05 AM, Balleste, Roy <rballeste at stu.edu> wrote:
>
> +1 Roy
>

> Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device