[NCUC-EC] Travel Support Los Angeles ICANN

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:40:18 CEST 2014

Hi

This slipped through the net amidst other messages last week.  ICANN already needs to know who our three covered travelers will be for LA….three months prior to the meeting, because of new US restrictions.

Per usual, one slot goes to the chair, who has to run Constituency Day etc., and the other two should be for people who will be doing stuff for NCUC at the meeting or more generally, whether they be EC or regular members.  In the event there are no regular members who especially stand out as needing to be there and we default to EC members, then we could take into account such factors as rotation (who’s not received support recently), financial need (i.e. no home institution support), and most importantly commitment to do something specific for NCUC.

Re: the latter, the most pressing, non-optional task ahead will be administering the election.  In the past the burden of pulling that off has fallen primarily on the chair and someone willing to work with the member data base and help keep track of who should be getting ballots etc, in coordination with Glen.  Last year this was Tapani.  I’d strongly argue that the person(s) who helps with this should get travel support, if desired.  Seems fair…

Thoughts?

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer