[NCUC-EC] Singapore EC retreat details

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Fri Jan 31 14:32:15 CET 2014

Hi folks

In the event you didn’t see me mention this on the Skype yesterday, I have good news regarding our retreat.

*ICANN has agreed to reallocate the way the budget allotment is apportioned across line items and to augment the offer, which is account-speak for they will cover the costs of another EC member to attend the meeting.  In return, we use a bare bones room with no staff managing comms, and no catering. But we’ll have per diems and can get our own stuff, or maybe sneak into the GNSO Council lunch :-)

*The retreat will be held on Saturday 22nd rather than Thursday 20th.  So with our conference being held the 21st, please plan to fly in on the 20th.  I secured funds under a separate budget line for the conference to cover your additional nights of hotel.

*GNSO staff will provide briefings about how the GNSO works and some of the substantive issues being worked on this year.  We will also do our own annual planning etc., and hold an EC meeting to take any decisions.

*I have given Glen and Constituency Travel the following names then as covered travelers: Stefania, Grace, Pranesh, and myself.  Carlos will have funding support from CGI.br.  Roy alas will not be able to join us after all in Singapore, but we can bring him in for at least part of the meeting via the Adobe Connect room.  If that’s not working too well voice-out wise, maybe I’ll just Skype him and we can talk loudly.  As Singapore is 13 hours ahead of Florida, I suspect Roy won’t be able to be with us for more than a couple hours anyway, unfortunately.

So I assume I can safely tell Constituency Travel to look into itineraries for you all to arrive 20th and leave 28th per normal. If you want to adjust the outbound you can sort that with Joseph from CT when he contacts you.

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer