[NCUC-EC] First EC Meeting to Agree NCUC Appointments etc.

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 17:32:49 CET 2014

Hi

So after many messages exchanged we now have a full slate of names to appoint to the various open positions first mentioned on 21 December.

NCUC Rep. to the Public Interest Registry

Carlos Affonso Souza

NCUC Rep. to the ICANN Nominating Committee

Brenden Kuerbis

NCUC Reps. to the NCSG Executive Committee

Robin Gross and Milton Mueller

NCUC Reps. to the NCSG Policy Committee

Stephanie Perrin and Marilia Maciel

NCUC Reps. to the GNSO’s Standing Committee on Improvements

Amr Elsadr and David Cake

—————

The EC needs to approve these, the E-Team will need to add Stephanie and Marilia to that listserv, I send notifications to relevant parties, etc.

To do the approvals, and to talk about other pressing stuff going on (I can assemble and distribute an agenda in advance), most notably Singapore (I am still negotiating with staff on money etc.), I think it would be advisable for us to hold an EC meeting next week if at all possible.  Given that our Asia Pacific rep is on the US east coast this year, finding a time slot that is workable for everyone hopefully will not be too difficult.  Pranesh and Roy are UTC -5, Carlos is UTC -2, Stefania and I are UTC +1, and Grace is UTC +3, so I guess we should shoot first for a slot that’s between 8:00-11:00 EST so everyone out of bed in the US and not having dinner in Kenya.  Monday’s probably too early for staff to set up the communications, and Wed./Friday are no good for me, so I’m proposing we try Tuesday 28 or Thursday 30.

I have set up a Doodle at http://doodle.com/kmunxhxaid5z8ccd  I would greatly appreciate it if everyone could please respond ASAP so I can get this together with staff.

If neither of those dates works we will need to approve the appointments via an email meeting and should schedule a call for the following week to get the other stuff going.

Also, for the record—this doesn’t need any EC approval, but I may as well mention while here what prior mail suggests we agreed for our own internal division of labor (let me know if I lost the plot and there are corrections):

------------------

E-platform Team

Stefania to coordinate with help from Pranesh and Roy

Membership Affairs Team

TBD  [soooo….anyone interested…?  Or do we let this slide for awhile and handle it at the EC level?  There are however regular members signed up to the listserv and just sitting there….]

Events Team

Bill to coordinate.  The Singapore conference will be a bit of work.  Luckily, ICANN will pay for everything (which took some negotiating), but we’ll need to do the program (bringing in as much cross-community participation as possible on the panels), build the website (volunteers? :-), coordinate with staff on logistics etc.

Bylaws Revision Team

Carlos to coordinate

Finance Issues

To be done collectively in the EC, Bill leads, Roy offered to help

Communications Issues

To be done collectively in the EC— Stefania, Bill and others

Best

Bill