[NCUC-EC] Travel funding for Singapore

Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza caffsouza at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 13:01:34 CET 2014

Agreed, Bill. It will be great to have Robin in Singapore. Unfortunately I
have a full day meeting here at the CGI.br so I will be unable to join our
call today. I am reading all emails re our event and feel free to assign
any homework after the call that you guys feel that I might help afterwards.

Best,
Carlos

> Hi
>
> Per previous, I loath the "silence is assent" model of decision making
> that's common in civil society networks but I am also exceptionally
> overloaded at the moment so can't keep sending reminders and waiting for
> replies, and things have to move.  I've proposed that we fund Robin's
> travel to Singapore (she's kindly offered to help lead on some conference
> logistics) and that we also fund one night of hotel for any NCUC members
> who can arrive early and help with/attend the conference.  We have the
> money to cover this and nobody's objected, so I'm going to assume that's ok
> so Robin can make her arrangements and Milton can come prepared to handle
> the hotel payments.  We can formally ratify this post hoc at our EC meeting
> in Singapore on Saturday.
>
> Please remember that we have an Event Team conference call today at 3pm
> CET to plan the conference agenda, which desperately needs to get posted
> and advertised even if some bits are still TBD.  It'd be great to have as
> many EC members involved as possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
>

> On Feb 4, 2014, at 6:29 PM, Balleste, Roy <rballeste at stu.edu> wrote:
>
> I support the travel funding for Robin.
>
> Roy Balleste
> Law Library Director &
> Professor of Law
> St. Thomas University Law Library
> 16401 NW 37th Avenue
> Miami Gardens, FL 33054
> 305-623-2341

Diretor
Instituto de Tecnologia e Sociedade do Rio de Janeiro (ITS)
https://www.facebook.com/ITSriodejaneiro
+55 21 3235-6315