[NCUC-EC] Travel Support Istanbul IGF

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 10:57:59 CEST 2014

Hello from the European School on Internet Governance http://www.euro-ssig.eu, where I’m holder up with Milton, Avri, Wolfgang, other trouble makers, and a good group of students.

After a long and maddening set of exchanges with multiple staff over two months the process of handling IGF travel support is now underway.

It turns out Milton’s travel will be handled by the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG).  So we have a free slot to offer to someone who will be involved in helping NCUC be visible and do outreach etc.  It seemed from prior exchanges here that most EC people who intend to go have funding, is that right?  If so, suggestions on other relevant members?  We need to move on this quickly, alas.

It also appears that someone in the ICANN hierarchy is reluctant to agree to the terms of our approved budget request (@!) with respect to arrival dates.  I at least must get to Istanbul a couple days early for the Day Zero NETmundial followup event, which includes my edited book release, and the Best Bits meeting.  If I cannot resolve this with them I may need to ask NCUC for a day or two of hotel, will let you know.

Best

Bill