[NCUC-EC] Leadership Academy

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 04:24:43 CEST 2013

Hello Bill,

> The other consideration is whether something collaborative might happen on
> the Friday.  Like I said, I don't have the headspace to catalyze another
> thing after Durban and with Singapore on the horizon, but I would play
> second fiddle if someone else started the orchestra.  So the way I left it
> with Olga is, if she decides to do a thing Friday, or if someone else comes
> to her with a concrete thing they'll do the work on (she's heard from NPOC,
> ISOC, PIR, dot Gay etc but nothing concrete yet), she'll tell them she's
> also talking to NCUC and suggest we all team up.  Would be a win win all
> around I'd think, but we'll see if anyone's willing to share a sandbox.
>
> I thought that NPOC want to organize event in BA and trying to get ISOC
and PIR in board. I didn't expect them to talk with Olga :)
it will be great to do something with her and team up. what are you
expecting in term of "sharing" the sandbox?

In light of these points, and with Constituency Travel telling me that I
> need to give them flight info today, here is what I propose:
>
> 1)  I will book to travel Wed. 13th.  If spend Thursday-Friday doing ICANN
> related work, whether attending the Academy or doing something with Olga, I
> might ask the EC to kindly consider reimbursing a couple hundred bucks for
> the extra hotel nights.  If instead I decide to go off and do tourism, then
> of course I wouldn't.

I support while I don't have any voting rights :)

> 2)  This would free up the Academy gig for someone else. Tapani expressed
> interest and availability to do the whole leadership training experience,
> so I will give Sandra his name.  Tapani if you have already been
> negotiating flights with Joseph and Dominic you'll need them to
> recalibrate, I guess you'd need to arrive Tuesday 12th and ICANN pays
> Tues-Thurs out of the Academy budget.
>
> +1 and will be great to report, this activity should be assessed. the part
about facilitation looks interesting and definitely new, there is new trend
in ICANN to bring pro facilitator which is not necessarily a good idea but
having members of community getting those skills is much better.

Rafik

Do this meet with your collective approval?