[NCUC-EC] BA schedule

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Wed Sep 18 10:56:32 CEST 2013

On Sep 18 10:39, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:

> > do we have pre-events in BA
> > that would make it useful to be there earlier than the 15th
> > CT has approved of?
>
> Well, that's what I've been trying to get some feedback on.
>
> On Sep 14, 2013, at 12:55 PM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It's now been 5 days and I've only heard from Ed on the question
> > of whether to hold a special meeting on bylaws in BA on Friday 15
> > Nov. Ed appears to be wavering in light of the slow boot up and
> > revised larger schedule and I'm opposed, so unless someone argues
> > differently in the next 24 hours (and hopefully, provides evidence
> > that there will be sufficient members there to make it work) I
> > will write to Glen and cancel the room request.

Looks like I missed that deadline - did you cancel the room?

Anyway, I think it would be useful to have a meeting on Bylaws in BA
even if we're not going to be able to have them voted on this year,
but we don't necessarily need a big room with all facilities for that.
Most likely it'd be just a handful of people who could meet anywhere.

> > 3) Friday 15 November
> >
> > I did chat informally with Olga Cavalli the possibility of us
> > doing something substantive together on Friday 15 if we don't do a
> > bylaws meeting. Whoever got there in time could come. Both sides
> > need to decide if it's worth pursuing. We were thinking something
> > combining the South School of IG + NCUC might be fun, like a half
> > day meeting off site (e.g. at university) geared toward civil
> > society outreach, like what we did in Durban. Anyone have any
> > thoughts on this option?

That sounds like it could be useful, but I've no idea what it'd
take to make it happen. I could arrange to arrive in BA on the 14th
just in case, though, CT willing.

--
Tapani Tarvainen