[NCUC-EC] NCUC @ IGF Bali Funding

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 10:49:45 CEST 2013

Hi Milton and Kathy

As I said the other day on ncuc-discuss,

On Aug 28, 2013, at 6:33 PM, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> wrote:

> FY14-B05-04
> 42-NCUC FY14 Regular Budget Request (IGF Bali supplemental) Regular Track
> $8,000  Approved, staff comment is "This request was granted as part of the Fast Track process and has been revised to reflect a two additional NCUC travel slots for the IGF meeting."
>
> => We have inquired whether the funds could also be used more flexibly if need be, e.g split up differently and allocated in a manner to bring more people with partial support, TBD.

I spoke with Rob Hoggarth the other day for clarification on the deal here.  ICANN considers that the budget allocation  a) should be used to support the travel of people who really have to be in Bali for NCUC's closed generics workshop; and b) should be viewed as two integral "slots", meaning that the funds can't be divided up as we sometimes do for ICANN meetings, with one person getting the travel support and another getting the hotel, etc.  He is seeking clarification as to whether a per diem is also included.

As you two volunteered to speak in the workshop and are thus included in the approved IGF submission http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2013/workshop_2013_accomplish_list_view.php?xpsltipq_je=253, a) means that unless you don't want or need it, the funding goes to you.  If by some chance you don't need it to come or prefer to stay home and speak via remote participation, the NCUC EC would then propose to staff that it be reallocated to someone else on the assumption they'd help with outreach and any workshop logistics etc.

So, what do you think, would you like to come to Bali (assuming the Indonesian government finally signs the host country agreement and the event is on), in which case I will notify Rob and Constituency Travel?  Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

Bill