[NCUC-EC] Conduct of the NCUC Election

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Tue Oct 22 08:37:08 CEST 2013

On Oct 22 12:31, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:

> As I say, we never have, but if you want to chase everyone down to
> check status, fine by me. Do bear in mind that people burn out on
> this sort of stuff so asking for multiple check ins could put some
> off.

That is why I only intend to send mail to those who haven't
already responded to either our spring poll nor to Robin.

But in my experience requesting activity reconfirmation
once a year isn't too much, at least if it's easy enough.

> And that the only real reason to do check ins for the NCSG
> election is they're contested between constituencies; first past the
> post with whatever numbers was always fine for NCUC.

If you never clean the member list it will eventually rot totally,
with a majority of ghost members. Been there, seen that.
And as noted, it will make it impossible to get quorum for bylaws
change, which we'll (hopefully) do next year.

--
Tapani Tarvainen