[NCUC-EC] Conduct of the NCUC Election

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Sun Oct 6 21:14:59 CEST 2013

On Oct 06 12:39, William Drake (wjdrake at gmail.com) wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2013, at 6:14 AM, Edward Morris <edward.morris at ALUMNI.USC.EDU> wrote:

> > Should we concerned about the propriety of any EC member on the
> > ballot contacting folks individually as an EC member asking them
> > to vote? Does this give the EC member an advantage in a contested
> > election?

> Hmm…a few of us have done this in the past but I thought maybe some
> wouldn't take the time again so I suggested the EC. But I guess
> you're right, times have changed and this might not be advisable.

We could send automated but individualized messages, i.e.,
with "Dear Bill" or "Dear Mr. Drake" type greeting,
signed by "Executive Committee" or something like that.
That might not be quite as effective as a message signed
by a real person, but better than "Dear member".

Or if someone not running (or running uncontested, if we
do this after nominations are closed) volunteers to let
his name be used for the purpose, it is just as easy to
use it in an automated mass mailing.

--
Tapani Tarvainen