[Ec-ncuc] discuss list

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc
Tue Feb 19 09:58:54 CET 2013

For completeness' sake I'll copy this to the EC list:
Bill has declared consensus, ncuc-discuss it is.

Tapani

----- Forwarded message from William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> -----

Subject: Re: [NCUC E-team] VPS Purchase
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:49:26 +0100
From: William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch>
To: Wilson Abigaba <wilson at isoc.ug>
Cc: Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info>, e-team at lists.ncuc.org

Hi

On Feb 19, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Wilson Abigaba <wilson at isoc.ug> wrote:

> As much as I preferred ncuc-members, I haven't been vocal in this as I
> didn't think this needed extensive discussion.

But apparently it did, in part because the non responses left those active
to try and determine whether there was consensus on a or b absent enough expressions either way.

> I have however noticed
> that the ICANN norm appears to be -discuss. take an example..
>
> afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
> apac-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
> euro-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
> na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
> at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org
> ncsg-discuss at listserver.syr.edu
> ncuc-discuss [the old one]
>

> so why don't just follow along? I don't think this will create any
> confusion, but in case it does, we should be able to quick correct the
> confused members. In any case, i think if -discuss causes some
> confusion, so will -members  or any ncuc-* at least for a few folks.

I'd expressed a preference for discuss but then noted there were others on the ET who seemed to favor members so unless people felt strongly either way why not have the EC roll with that.  But now you've joined Ed in arguing for discuss and I believe Tapani was ok with it, so it'd seem there's a uniform view among active EC members and none opposed.  So ok, please proceed.

Thanks

BD

----- End forwarded message -----