[Ec-ncuc] Video update

Edward Morris edward.morris
Wed Feb 6 21:54:44 CET 2013

Hi Brenden,

> Good suggestion.  Another item is a logo, which the final shot will likely
> include with the ncuc.org address.  Maybe the e-team/external
> communications folks could give some guidance on this and colors, font
> matters ASAP?

Good stuff,

As you're the one running the show, could you be so kind as to run this by
the e-platform list? You might also want to talk / write to Sarah directly
and try to coordinate with her: she's doing something with the logo, I
forget what or why or whether we all want it.

We've also talked about @ncuc.org e-mail addresses. Tapani was taking the
lead on tis. I know we need to work on the details but perhaps an
info at ncuc.org address, or some such thing, might be a way to start and
include, if appropriate, somewhere on the video?

>> As far as diversity, a lot tougher at this point. At the risk of inviting
>> some wrath, crowd shots showing a diverse audience, anything. I'm not sure
>> we want to go into Durban with a video of light skin folk telling dark folk
>> we're diverse and we love you. Maybe too late but I know if you can do
>> something you will.
>>

> We can possibly make small changes. E.g., we have about ~10 seconds which
> we can possibly fill with images (if we can find/use them, please send them
> my way) that highlight types of diversity. Although I note that we already
> have other types of diversity, e.g., 6 women vs. 3 men speaking, 4+
> nationalities, etc. But I get your point.

Obviously nothing is perfect. We can learn from this and prioritize in the
future.

I don't know if Sarah or I will be active when London rolls around, for a
number of reasons I'm now day to day, but if either of us are here there's
a good chance we can get some video done in London at low or no cost. I
used to work for United International Pictures and, in addition to her
other skills, Sarah is an actress who has had small roles in a number of
Britain's more famous drama series on both the BBC and ITV. Between us we
have access to lots of talented people who are usually receptive to doing
small favours and I'm sure, if desired, we can work something out.

Brenden Kuerbis, NCUC Studio mogul? Never know...today Toronto, tomorrow
the world!

(Still prefer your voice, but I'll leave that up to you guys.)