[Ec-ncuc] Video update

Edward Morris edward.morris
Wed Feb 6 02:50:18 CET 2013

Hi Brenden,

Rule 1 is you are never again allowed to go on vacation. Rule 2 is if you
ignore rule 1 pretty please take a satellite connected laptop. Dude, if you
ever go on vacation for a week there may be no internet to return to.
Thanks for coming back.

I think you know my position has been...ummm...a bit distorted. When you
first told us about the project no one was more enthusiastic than I. I
believe in a private e-mail to you I described it as an "early Christmas
present" for my outreach efforts. My concerns were two fold: 1) ensuring
the end product matched what we're planning to do with the website and 2)
trying to get more diversity into the final product. As to the former,
maybe you could seek out Sarah and see what she's up to. I'm thinking
things like fonts, colours and the like could be coordinated to give a
uniform cross platform look. No cost, no big effort. As far as diversity, a
lot tougher at this point. At the risk of inviting some wrath, crowd shots
showing a diverse audience, anything. I'm not sure we want to go into
Durban with a video of light skin folk telling dark folk we're diverse and
we love you. Maybe too late but I know if you can do something you will.

As far as financing, I'm still not happy with the transparency and if TI
comes in as Fadi has proposed  we'll be pretty much destroyed as we should
be. For the moment, Tapani serves as my eTrust symbol on financial matters
and if he's OK with it I don't object.

Are you planning on doing the voice over? Your voice on Google Hangout was
really good and has a sincerity that I think comes across. Before I'm
accused of being an academic wanting to be a filmmaker: 1) I'm not an
academic (thank God), and 2) I have run political campaigns, including lots
of work with spots, for a quarter century. If you have someone you want to
use great, but if not I hope you'll consider yourself.

Where in New Hampshire were you? We have a cottage on Bear Island on
Winnipesaukee and winters there are amazing. Assume you were up in Coos
County? Beautiful country. You are a lucky man.

Cheers,

Ed