[Ec-ncuc] Process management

Milton L Mueller mueller
Sun Feb 3 22:24:36 CET 2013

I support funding but improving it.  That said, the decision to undertake the project was not approved by the membership.  There was no discussion of we have $5k and let's think about the best thing we can do with it for outreach.

In fact, in the four + years I've been in NCUC, I can think of very few decisions of any note, including with regard to expenditures, that have been discussed and cleared with the membership.  So to try to pressure the current EC on a decision by asserting a new requirement to get approval from the general membership is, sorry, disingenuous.

MM: I did not say the EC needed to go to the membership to approve this final small expenditure. I said that if the EC makes bad decisions the membership will not re-elect them.

You don't throw expenditure decisions in front of the entire membership, ? of which may not be paying attention at any given time. That's why we elect representatives to pay closer attention to it.