William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 12:53:28 CET 2013

Hi Joly

Well, what we agreed last year is that each time the NCSG EC takes in new members, our reps on that EC will pass on to our EC the list of applicants indicating that they want to be in NCUC.  A quick eyeball to ensure no problems and I send it to whoever on the e-team is managing a)  mail subscriptions, b) the member data base, c) the website so the new names can be added to each (I think Tapani said he automated the data base to feed the website listing, we’ve have to check).  So in this way, we should be able to have a consistent current listing of members.

So when someone tries to add themselves to the list directly, there’s two options to check against the data base (or by asking them questions if this isn’t sufficient).  a) They may not have actually joined so it’s a no, they can’t subscribe.b) They are a existing member seeking to add a second address; If we’re going to do that the new one probably should be set to nomail, inter alia so they don’t get two ballots.

As I have idea who dl at panamo.eu might be, you’d have to either ask, or ignore.  Pet peeve—people who insist on identifiable identities when engaging in a group building space.

Thanks for doing this,

Bill

On Dec 24, 2013, at 7:33 PM, Joly MacFie <joly at punkcast.com> wrote:

> So what's the procedure on subscribes/unsubscribes? How do I reconcile
> the list with the NCUC membership and vice versa?

> approval:
>
>    For:  dl at panamo.eu
>    List: ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org
>
> At your convenience, visit: