[NCUC-EC] Interim Asian Representative

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 08:41:47 CEST 2013

On Jul 30, 2013, at 2:34 PM, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:

> I would suggest convening an email meeting:
> Everybody who agrees with the proposal post a statement
> to that effect ("+1" will do), I'll write minutes
> documenting the decision as an EC meeting -
> shouldn't take more than a day (or an hour if everybody
> is online).

Yes, it shouldn't take more than a day.  But as you see, it does.  And this is why the EC has never in its history followed the Tapani Rules and required that every decision involve a formal response from each EC member.

So right now three of us have bothered to reply approving the appointments of Peter and Rafik.  We need one more to declare quorum and make it official (of course we don't have much in the way formalized rules about voting since it was never the intention of previous ECs to vote on everything, but I presume we can live with a simple majority.  Or maybe we should spend a few weeks debating that in dribs and drabs…

Ed and Carlos I would really appreciate it if you could hit reply and say something one way or another so we can get Peter set up and I can respond to ICANN's reminder messages on the nomcom slot.

Thanks

Bill