[NCUC-EC] Confluence Envy

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sun Apr 7 06:29:42 CEST 2013

Hi

For CD and the workshop I created child pages where the ICANN main schedule put us on Confluence

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/NCUC+Beijing+Meeting+2013-04-09

So we are found under gnsocouncilmeetings => which seems somewhat silly and non-intuitive.

Meanwhile if you go direct to where a normal person might expect to find us via the pull down menus, GNSO => Houses/Stakeholder Groups/Constituencies => NCUC you get this exciting, completely blank page

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomuserconst/NCUC-Home

Meanwhile, ALAC (which admittedly has oodles of staff couriers and language translation support) organizes their week like this

https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Meetings+-+Sunday%2C+7+April+2013+Workspace

It is pretty apparent which is more professional looking and easier for users (especially remote participants) to employ in following the week's proceedings.

For Buenos Aires, it'd be really good if we could make a push to get our act more together more on Confluence, no?

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer