[Ec-ncuc] [PC-NCSG] FW: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Proposed Revised Motion

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis
Tue Mar 13 00:50:05 CET 2012

The point is that we need to follow the process in this case as in every other case?.I don't understand why we need to bypass established processes only in this case.

KK

From: Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org<mailto:robin at ipjustice.org>>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:46:48 +0000
To: "Avri org>" <avri at acm.org<mailto:avri at acm.org>>
Cc: Konstantinos Komaitis <k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk<mailto:k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk>>, "pc-ncsg at ipjustice.org<mailto:pc-ncsg at ipjustice.org>" <pc-ncsg at ipjustice.org<mailto:pc-ncsg at ipjustice.org>>, "EC-NCUC at ipjustice.org<mailto:EC-NCUC at ipjustice.org>" <ec-ncuc at ipjustice.org<mailto:ec-ncuc at ipjustice.org>>, Milton L Mueller <mueller at SYR.EDU<mailto:mueller at SYR.EDU>>
Subject: Re: [PC-NCSG] FW: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Proposed Revised Motion

+1.  If the community does not require ICANN to follow its stated processes and honor the so-called 'bottom-up' process, then who will?

Robin

On Mar 12, 2012, at 4:39 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

Thanks for posting this.
I again recommend:
Remember IOC & RC are already protected. Maximally protected. They do not need further protection.
Defer the motion because it is illegitimate for the g-council to vote before the end of a comment period.
Amend the motion to indicate that a change can only occur if the Board agrees to restart the application clock. To make such a substantive change to an ongoing process at this late date is fundamentally unfair to applicants, especially noncommercial applicants or community applicants.
Support the idea brought up by both Portugal and NPOC that giving preferential treatment to these two without full consideration being given to the UN + 9 is prejudicial. If this its a serious concern for ICANN and the GNSO, then initiate a PDP process on reserved names.
avri
Konstantinos Komaitis <k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk<mailto:k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk>> wrote:
Dear all,
Please find attached the latest version of the motion regarding the IOC
and Red Cross names that we will be discussing tomorrow.
Thanks
KK