[Ec-ncuc] new EC and tasks for new year

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis
Mon Jan 9 17:29:53 CET 2012

Some remarks on what Brenden is suggesting:

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:01 AM, Konstantinos Komaitis <k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk<mailto:k.komaitis at strath.ac.uk>> wrote:
(e.g. the membership section now needs to link to the NCSG membership).

Remember, although they largely overlap, the NCUC membership and NCSG are slightly different.  The later includes other constituencies, other individuals or organization that are not members of NCUC.  I think we just want to make sure the NCUC member list is valid, correct?
[Konstantinos Komaitis] No this is not correct, unless I am getting confused. There is now only one application form through NCSG, one for individual members and one for organizations. In this application form, prospective applicants have the ability to opt for the kind of membership they wish, NCSG or NCUC. But, the membership will not be happening any more through NCUC. This was part of what was agreed in Dakar between NCUC and NPOC. I am copying Robin here as the chair of NCSG, who will be able to confirm.
Brenden, can you please also remove the existing charter as it is not applicable any longer and place a message: the new version of the charter is currently being drafted.

I would also like to ask that Milton remains the Treasurer for NCUC ?

Agree, it's good to have continuity in this role.  I think it would be good also to have the Treasurer report to the EC once a year on activity.  Nothing complex, just an end of year financial statement. (this may already be happening, I just don't recall seeing one).
[Konstantinos Komaitis] This is a good idea ? a short report of the finances to the EC I think will be fine. thanks Brenden for this suggestion.

Also, I would like to request the members of the EC to take a position on how to proceed with the charter ? as I said, we need to have the charter ready by Costa Rica. The current integrated proposal by Brenden is for a call to be made the membership and those volunteering will work with the EC on the charter. I am fine with this and I would like to put a cap of max 5 people (although as Brenden says we will be lucky if we get as many as that). However, in order to make the call on behalf of the EC, I need to know where you guys stand on this.

Thanks

KK