[Ec-ncuc] URGENT! Comments on defensive registrations of domain names- DEADLINE TODAY

Nuno Garcia ngarcia
Mon Feb 27 19:29:53 CET 2012

Dear all, I agree on the considerations KK has proposed. I'm not sure
whether we should also include the issue of mechanism overload for ICANN
and for the community in general, i.e., from a very generic point of view,
the more mechanisms are added to control a process, the more complex the
process becomes, and thus, this is only acceptable if there is a clear gain
to the parties the process is supposed to serve. As this is not the case,
added complexity is not only unnecessary, it is an inefficiency and a
vulnerability for the system itself.

Warm regards

Nuno Garcia