[Ec-ncuc] EuroDig outreach

Edward Morris edward.morris
Fri Dec 21 02:53:58 CET 2012

As part of our hopefully new and improved outreach programme (more on this
coming soon),  I'm hoping to get the NCUC active promoting itself in
internet related events apart from ICANN meetings. Our friends at NPOC
sponsored a session at the recent IGF in Baku. Apart from Bill's appearance
at the very start of the session it was not particularly good. I'd like to
show we can do better by proposing a session entitled "The Role of the
Noncommercial User in a Commercialized Internet" at the next EuroDig, the
European Dialogue on Internet Governance, to be held in June in Lisbon,
Portugal.

The have been some tweaks to the EuroDig submission process this year. At
the moment only ideas are being accepted, not proposals for moderators or
participants. Deadline for proposals is the end of this month,  thus I'm
bringing this out ahead of other ideas I expect to be offering shortly. I'm
not married to the topic. If anyone has something better to offer please
let me know. I'm hoping that by June we'll have some literature to offer on
the NCUC and will be able to market ourselves to prospective members a bit
more proactively.

Comments? Suggestions? Objections?