[Ec-ncuc] New NCUC EC: getting on the web

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc
Fri Dec 14 11:32:12 CET 2012

On Dec 13 10:05, Nuno Garcia (ngarcia at ngarcia.net) wrote:

> It turns out that there is a period where we can share ideas toghether and
> I think we should just reap the opportunity to do that.

Your ideas will be most welcome.

> One of the challenges I failed to acomplish was to increase the membership
> numbers for Europe (hopefully you will not say the same in a year's time).

And here I was hoping you'd solved that by now and I could just
follow your lead... ;-)

> I feel this is crucial to NCUC

Agreed.

> I tried locally in Portugal (in a testbed manner) to advertise the work for
> NCUC, but unfortunatelly I was unsuccessfull. I believe that our
> prospective members are not aware of the challenges and opportunities we
> deal with week after week.

I'm quite sure far majority of them aren't aware of our existence.

> Having said this, and again, volunteering for what could be necessary, do
> you have any good ideas?

Not many, yet. But at least our website could do with some
improvements - e.g., imagine you're a newbie and try to find our
current charter starting at www.ncuc.org...

--
Tapani Tarvainen