[Ec-ncuc] NCUC Web Spaces

William Drake william.drake
Thu Dec 13 18:56:18 CET 2012

Hi

On Dec 13, 2012, at 2:58 PM, David Cake wrote:

> Yes, I was the interim Chair, as I was not elected directly but selected from the EC to fill in when KK resigned, but Bill is the real deal.
>
> But I  think you are wrong on NomCom, Bill - we had to make our NomCom appointment back prior to Toronto, when the 2013 NomCom had their first meeting - and Rafik was selected as our NomCom rep then

Oops, you're right David, didn't remember the Nomcom bit while in the WCIT mess.  Just got back to Geneva (3 am flight out of Dubai, bit sleep deprived) and will start trying to get my head around the NC to do lists.  In the meanwhile, yes, Rafik should be added to the page.  We need to make a bunch of appointments, actually. I'll start a separate thread on that.

But back to web spaces, so right, as Wilson noted, there are actually three that we need to update in light of the election and keep current and utilize going forward:

1.  NCUC.org  http://ncuc.org/page/elected-officers

2.  NCUC @ GNSO's public pages http://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/ncsg/ncuc ? and again, please send Glen photos

3.  NCUC @ Confluence

[a meta-question to consider is whether we want to continue to maintain both NCUC.org and Confluence with parallel content, what the division of labor between them is, etc?I understood Wilson and Ed want to take a lead on thinking about this stuff]

Bunch of comments on Confluence:

Frankly, I've always been a lazy user, just getting Council agendas, motions and transcripts; and sometimes checking the all the NCSG material Robin posts for NCSG.  I don't think I'm too alone in this?in my four years on Council and in NC, I don't recall any of us?Councilors, officers, members---using it much besides Robin and Avri.

To be honest, I don't recall who all gets accounts how, and who has editorial privileges over which pages.  Can someone on the cc please clarify if/how we can get NCUC-EC members hooked up?

If we're going to try to get more organized as promised in the NCUC election, I would suggest that we all (and indeed, all NC officers) should learn Confluence and start using it internally for our work, and also for inreach to the general membership?maybe over time some of them would get into it too if people start joining GNSO WGs or other stuff...

=> Should we ask staff to organize a little training session during the LA meeting in January?  Most of us will be there...

Places on Confluence that we should all get to know and make use of going forward, and should update as soon as possible:

a.  Noncommercial Users Constituency (NCUC) Elected Officers: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8945848

b.  Our Personal pages, e.g. https://community.icann.org/display/~william.drake  [ditto on ncuc.org, e.g. http://ncuc.org/profile/WilliamJDrake]

c.  Robin's scrupulously maintained NCSG site on Confluence, complete with calendar and other underutilized goodies  https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Home

d.  The GNSO Council (we obviously need to follow what's going on there in the SO more generally) https://community.icann.org/category/gnso

e.  NCSG Committees https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Committees  Again, we have a bunch of appointments to fill, including the NCUC representatives to the NCSG committees.  I have suggestions on these and will start a separate thread about that in a second.  Once we've agreed on names, these pages will need to be synched.

Would be really good to hear from people on the above?

Thanks,

Bill