[Ec-ncuc] New NCUC EC: getting on the web

William Drake william.drake
Wed Dec 12 15:17:36 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

Greetings from Dubai.  I'm sorry I've not been in touch yet but the election results were announced as I was in transit here, and things have been rather hectic since with the WCIT negotiations, which are going painfully slow and still have many deep disagreements to sort out in very little time.  It's really difficult to say at this point whether the whole thing will collapse or not.

Anyway, we have many things to start to sort out, and in the days ahead I'll start getting caught up and EC messages from me will start to inundate your inboxes.

We need to get you on the relevant web spaces.  The first is the space maintained by ICANN for the GNSO and its subsidiary bodies.  I guess you should send the GNSO secretariat, meaning the wonderful Glen de Saint G?ry <Glen at icann.org> (copied above), photos of yourselves that can be posted at http://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/ncsg/ncuc.

The second is our own webspace (about which we'll need to make some decisions).  No photos there, but the list of EC members at http://ncuc.org/page/elected-officers has to get undated.  Ed and Wilson you'd expressed an interest in taking a lead on this, which I'm sure Brenden would appreciate as he's been doing this and many other functions solo for some time.  If you could perhaps be in touch with him (copied above) to get that started this would be very helpful.

Have to run,

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer