[Ec-ncuc] Statement to Board on NPOC

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis
Tue Jun 21 08:20:59 CEST 2011

Let's read it to the Board and also send it to them via email? Also, should no one from NPOC comes, then we should also state that?

KK

From: Milton L Mueller <mueller at SYR.EDU<mailto:mueller at SYR.EDU>>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:17:11 +0100
To: Brenden Kuerbis <bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org<mailto:bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org>>, "EC-NCUC at ipjustice.org<mailto:EC-NCUC at ipjustice.org>" <ec-ncuc at ipjustice.org<mailto:ec-ncuc at ipjustice.org>>
Subject: Re: [Ec-ncuc] Statement to Board on NPOC

I thought I was going to read this statement at the meeting. If so, the first sentence needs to be modified.
How about this as a modification:

NCUC wishes to express its concern that the intent of the GNSO reforms are not being met, specifically with respect to the proposed NPOC's relationship to the NC Stakeholder Group.   While NPOC applied to become a new constituency under the old rules, it also agreed to follow the new NCSG charter?s new constituency formation process. As far as we know, NPOC  has not kept this commitment. We say this because NPOC (1) has members who don't intend to be NCSG members (and thus are NOT part of any GNSO Stakeholder Group); 2) does not maintain a dynamic publicly-archived mailing list; (3) refuses to participate in policy discussions on the main NCSG mailing list; and (4) has not even publicized who its members are.

Therefore, we ask that the Board give only conditional approval of NPOC until these issues are resolved.  NCUC would like to work with NPOC to resolve these issues expeditiously so that as a whole NCSG will be a broader, larger and even more diverse SG.