[Ec-ncuc] Statement to Board on NPOC

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis
Tue Jun 21 07:54:03 CEST 2011

What we have so far:

As was discussed in Tuesday's meeting between the NCSG and the Board,
NCUC wishes
to reiterate its concern that the intent of the GNSO reforms are not being
met, specifically with respect to the proposed NPOC's relationship to the NC
Stakeholder Group.

To our understanding, NPOC (1) has members who don't intend to be NCSG
members (and thus are NOT part of any GNSO SG); 2) does not maintain a
dynamic publicly-archived mailing list; and (3) refuses to participate in
policy discussions on the main NCSG mailing list.

Therefore, we ask that the Board only give conditional approval of NPOC
until these issues are resolved.  NCUC would like to work with NPOC to
resolve these issues expeditiously so that as a whole NCSG will be a
broader, larger and even more diverse SG.

Brenden Kuerbis
Internet Governance Project
http://internetgovernance.org