[Ec-ncuc] Exploring: "Consumers Sub Constituency"

Alex Gakuru gakuru
Sat Jul 2 00:54:45 CEST 2011

Dear Konstantinos,
Chair, EC-NCUC
Elected EC Officers

In my humble opinion, consumer interests have been served satisfactorily
under NCUC over the years. Your rich pool of diverse public interest
expertise, support and commitment to global consumers speaks for itself.

If ICANN's current reality that the term "Constituency" is a must, could we
update that reality with a "Consumer Sub" prefix?

In my capacity as Lead, CIG in NCUC/SG, and with your concurrence, I could
submit to NCSG Chair such a charter requesting  noncommercial users
constituency's consumer interested persons be allowed to form a
sub-constituency under the NCUC. This  "child" constituency charter would
foremost abide by "parent" NCUC charter and then NCSG's further up the
ICANN hierarchy.

Kindly share your views, thoughts and advice.

Sincerely,

Alex