[NCUC-DISCUSS] Candidate Statement for NCUC Chair Position: Wisdom Donkor

Wisdom Donkor wisdom.dk at gmail.com
Fri May 24 20:26:26 CEST 2024

I am grateful to Peter for putting me forward for the NCUC chair role. I
also appreciate the support I receive from Stephamie, Tomslin, Bruna, and
the many other community members, both on and off the list.. I am grateful
to you all.

Please find my statement bellow:

Name: Wisdom Donkor

Declared region of residence: Africa; currently residing in Ghana

Gender: Male

Employment: Africa Open Data and Internet Research Foundation / Africa
Community Internet Program / Hansah Production

Conflicts of Interest:  none

Reasons for willingness to take on the position:

I have been a member of NCUC for over a decade now, volunteering and
contributing in various capacities, including as a GNSO councillor for four
years and in various PDP working groups. Coupled with my knowledge and
experience working in other multistakeholder communities and the internet
ecosystem, I have developed an in-depth understanding and appreciation of
how the NCUC as a community should approach and develop its members in
practical policy development work by way of introducing community-centric
programs that will improve the participation and commitment of members.

I believe I have the required experience and leadership ability necessary
to guide NCUC towards becoming a more goal-oriented community.

*Six objectives I intend to pursue and work towards as the NCUC chair:*

   1.

   Strengthen Regional participation by introducing regional programs to
   increase engagement. This program will be championed by the regional
   representatives of the five regions
   2.

   Provide leadership and improve administration processes and operations.
   3.

   Introduce virtual training workshop programmes for building capacity of
   members in policy development and assign mentors to participants in the
   programme within a period of time. This, in itself, i believe will prepare
   leaders who will run for positions and activly participate in working
   groups in the future.
   4.

   Improve and increase membership drives across the five regions.
   5.

   Initiate fund-raising program in support of NCUC activities within ICANN
   meetings and the five representative regions.
   1.

      The need for NCUC social and partner’s networks within ICANN meetings
      is key; through this social network event, NCUC will be able to attract
      more of the non-commercial civil society’s sponsorships and interest in
      ICANN.
      6.

   Appraise and adopt a strategy to improve NCUC communication and
   collaboration within the constituency. Increase the synergy with the NCSG
   and NPOC. It is a perfect time to intensify collaborative efforts with our
   representatives, e.g., GNSO councilors, PDP representatives, and SG
   leadership, to name a few.

Qualifications for the position:

My professional background is in IT and human resource planning and
development (HRP&D), and I have certifications in information security
management (CISM), ethical hacking (CEH), and ComTIA Advance Security
Practitioner (CASP+). I am currently enrolled in a ISACA Certified
Information Systems Auditor (CISA) program.

My experience and expertise lie in e-government network infrastructure,
applications, and policies; open government data policies platforms and
community development; geospatial technology and policy development, and
Internet policy development and processes and conferencing.

Currently, I am the Executive Director of the Africa Open Data and Internet
Research Foundation (AODIRF) and Africa Community Internet Program (ACIP),
a joint initiative between AODIRF and Syracuse University, New York. I am
also an Executive Committee member of the Internet Governance Support
Association (IGFSA), an Advisory Committee Member of the West Africa IGF
and Africa IGF, a Ghana IGF Coordinator, and a former UN IGF
Multistakeholder Advisory Group (IGF MAG) member. I have organise and
facilitated several IGF workshops and high level panel programs and have
serve on served on many working group and advisory committies both in
government and Non-government sectors.

I have been active in ICANN since 2011 and participated in my first
fellowship programme in 2014. Since then, I have been a member of NCUC, and
I've had the opportunity to coach and mentor several ICANN fellows and
participate in numerous NCUC and NCSG working groups and policy work (GNSO
TPR, GNSO Small team on DNS Abuse, GNSO CCOICI, GNSO Small team on
communication, CIP-CCG, ICANN RDRS etc.). I had the opportunity to be
elected to the GNSO Council, and I am currently in my last year on the
council.

Statement of availability for the time the position required:

I confirm that I have the required availability to focus, chair and lead
NCUC to the next level

Finaly, i say, Love is meaningless on its own; it cannot exist in
isolation. Serving others is one of the actions that love must do. Vote for
me as NCUC chair and lets strive develop NCUC to the next level.

I thank you all and I humbly lookforward to your votes

*Wisdom Donkor* (CASP+,  CISM, CEH Certified,)
Execitive Director
Africa Open Data and Internet Research Foundation (AODIRF) | Africa
Geospatial Data and Internet Conference (AGDIC)
P.O. Box CT 2439, Cantonments, Accra | www.aodirf.org  / www.
<http://www.afrigeocon.org>agdic.info
Tel: +233 20 812 8851
Skype: wisdom_dk | Facebook: kwasi wisdom |  Twitter: @wisdom_dk
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ICANN GNSO Council Member | ICANN transfer policy review working group
Member  | Council Committee for Overseeing and Implementing Continuous
Improvement (CCOICI) | UN IGF MAG Member | IGF Support Fund Association
Executive Committee Member, World Bank Independent Consultant | AU AFIGF
Member |  Ghana OGP Advisory Committee member | GSS SDGs Advisory Committee
Member
Specialization:
E-government Network Infrastructure and E-application, Internet
Governance,  Open Data policies platforms & Community Development, Cyber
Security, Geospatial Technologies, Open Source Technologies, Domain Name
Systems, Human Resource Planning and Development, Software Engineering,
Event Planning & Management,