[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomination of Muriel Alapini for the Role of NCUC Africa Representative

Muriel ALAPINI muriel.alapini at gmail.com
Sun May 19 13:23:23 CEST 2024

NCUC Candidate Statement (La version française de cette présentation suit
celle en anglais.)

Dear all,

Here is my candidate statement, as required by our rules:

I am Muriel ALAPINI, a Beninese citizen residing in Cotonou (Africa
region). I am female and currently a volunteer with the Benin IGF
Association. To the best of my knowledge, I have no conflicts of interest.

1- Why do you want to serve on the EC?

I would like to join the EC, particularly as a representative of the Africa
region, to on the one hand contribute to the work of our community and on
the other hand help consolidate and amplify the voice of African end users.
Since joining the community almost ten years ago, I have learned, observed
and listened. These years of commitment have equipped me very well to take
on this role and continue my service to the community.

2- Provide a brief biography of recent experience, associations, and
affiliations relevant to serving on the Executive Committee. Describe the
relevance of your personal and professional experience to serving on the
NCUC Executive Committee, and identify any conflicts of interest you might
have.

As an end user of the Internet, I discovered the community and the field of
internet governance. I strive to give back to end users everything I learn
within this community. My training and awareness sessions target children,
young people, and women, including digital education courses and awareness
sessions on internet governance for students and journalists. Additionally,
I am involved in the NRIs Network of the UN, the Benin IGF, and the WAIGF
Secretariat for the preparation of sessions and activities related to
internet governance. These experiences provide a solid foundation to
support me in this new role.

3- The EC performs several functional responsibilities for the
Constituency. What level of time commitment can you bring to your EC role
on a weekly and overall basis? Describe any concerns or limitations on your
ability to attend online meetings of the Executive Committee and ICANN
Meetings in person.

“When you love what you do, you don't count the time or the effort’. I am
passionate about working in internet governance. I am committed to
dedicating the required time to fulfill my role on the EC and dedicate at
least 5 hours per week to organize outreach, training, and mobilize our
membership base to participate in policies.

4- Communication with the membership is critical. How would you keep
members apprised of your EC-related activities?

Communication around activities is a team effort. I am confident that,
along with the other members of the committee, we will implement an
effective communication strategy for members and other external internet
end users.

5- How do you foresee NCUC’s function, scale, or role changing in the
future? What areas of ICANN policy, if any, need more attention and why?
Incumbent candidates should answer in a manner that is both backward and
forward-looking, i.e., taking note of their contributions and work in the
previous year.
I want to bring new perspectives and innovations from my years of
experience on the field and online serving the internet governance
ecosystem. Since its creation in 1998, the NCUC community has grown with
its challenges, diversity, and inclusion of its members. By appreciating
the work and efforts of previous committees, I am certain that future
committees will continue to contribute to the consolidation and growth of
this community.

I humbly ask for your vote to serve a purpose.

Happy to answer any questions.

Sincerely,

Muriel ALAPINI

Déclaration de Candidature

Mesdames, Messieurs, comme l'exige notre règlement voici ma présentation:

Je suis Muriel ALAPINI, citoyenne béninoise résidant à Cotonou (région
Afrique).

Je suis une femme et actuellement bénévole au sein de l'Association FGI
Bénin.

À ma connaissance, je n'ai aucun conflit d'intérêt.

1- Pourquoi souhaitez-vous siéger au Comité Exécutif du NCUC ?

Je souhaite rejoindre le comité du NCUC, notamment en tant que
représentante de la région Afrique pour d’une part apporter ma contribution
aux travaux de notre communauté et d’autre part aider à consolider et
amplifier la voix des utilisateurs finaux africains. Depuis que j'ai
rejoint la communauté il y a près de dix ans, j'ai appris, observé et
écouté. Ces années d'engagement m'ont très bien équipé pour assumer ce rôle
et continuer mon service à la communauté.

 2- Fournir une brève biographie de l'expérience récente, des associations
et des affiliations pertinentes pour siéger au comité exécutif. Décrivez la
pertinence de votre expérience personnelle et professionnelle pour siéger
au comité exécutif du NCUC et identifiez tout conflit d'intérêts que vous
pourriez avoir.

En tant qu'utilisateur final d'Internet, j'ai découvert la communauté et le
domaine de la gouvernance d'Internet et y travailler est une magnifique
expérience. Je m'efforce de rendre aux utilisateurs finaux tout ce que
j'apprends au sein de cette communauté par les sessions de formation et de
sensibilisation que j’organise et qui s'adressent aux enfants, aux jeunes
et aux femmes,(notamment des cours d'éducation numérique et des séances de
sensibilisation à la gouvernance de l'internet à destination des étudiants
et des journalistes). De plus, je suis impliquée dans le réseau NRIs de
l'ONU, l'IGF Bénin et le Secrétariat du WAIGF pour la préparation de
sessions et d'activités liées à la gouvernance de l'Internet. Ces
expériences constituent une base solide sur laquelle m’appuyer dans ce
nouveau rôle.

3- Le Comité Exécutif  assume plusieurs responsabilités fonctionnelles pour
la circonscription. Quel niveau de temps pouvez-vous consacrer à votre rôle
EC sur une base hebdomadaire et globale ? Décrivez toute préoccupation ou
limitation concernant votre capacité à assister en personne aux réunions en
ligne du comité exécutif et aux réunions de l'ICANN.

 « Quand on aime ce qu’on fait, on ne compte ni le temps ni les efforts ».
Je suis passionnée par le travail dans le domaine de la gouvernance de
l'Internet. Je m'engage à consacrer le temps nécessaire pour remplir mon
rôle au sein du CE et  au moins 5 heures par semaine à l'organisation de la
sensibilisation, de la formation et à la mobilisation de nos membres pour
qu'ils participent aux politiques.

4- La communication avec les membres est essentielle. Comment tiendrez-vous
les membres informés de vos activités liées au CE ?

La communication autour des activités est un effort d’équipe. Je suis
convaincue qu'avec les autres membres du comité, nous mettrons en œuvre une
stratégie de communication efficace pour les membres et les autres
utilisateurs finaux externes d'Internet.

5- Comment prévoyez-vous l’évolution de la fonction, de l’échelle ou du
rôle du NCUC à l’avenir ? Quels domaines de la politique de l'ICANN, le cas
échéant, nécessitent plus d'attention et pourquoi ? Les candidats sortants
doivent répondre d’une manière à la fois rétrospective et prospective,
c’est-à-dire en prenant note de leurs contributions et de leur travail au
cours de l’année précédente.

Je souhaite apporter de nouvelles perspectives et innovations issues de mes
années d'expérience sur le terrain et en ligne au service de l'écosystème
de la gouvernance de l'Internet. Depuis sa création en 1998, la communauté
NCUC s'est développée avec ses défis, sa diversité et l'inclusion de ses
membres. En appréciant le travail et les efforts des comités précédents, je
suis certaine que les prochains comités continueront de contribuer à la
consolidation et à la croissance de cette communauté.

Je vous remercie pour votre vote qui m’est d’un immense soutien.

Heureuse de répondre à toutes vos questions.

Sincèrement,

Muriel ALAPINI

Le mer. 15 mai 2024 à 18:38, Yao Amevi A. Sossou <soyames at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Dear all,
> I also second the nomination of Muriel Alapini for the role of NCUC Africa
> Representative.
> Yao Amevi A. Sossou
>
> Researcher |IxD| IT Support | Project manager| Human centered
> Entrepreneurship| SDG Advocate | Internet Governance | Youth IGF
>
> Email: soyames at gmail.com
>
> Twitter: *https://twitter.com/_amevY2 <https://twitter.com/_amevY2>*
>
> LinkedIn: Yao Amevi A. sossou | LinkedIn
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ameviy/>

> To promote respect for the environment, thank you to only print this email
> only when necessary
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 1:19 AM Kossi Amessinou <amessinoukossi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>> I am pleased to write to nominate Muriel Alapini for the role of NCUC
>> Africa Representative. Muriel has dedicated years to the field of internet
>> governance and has been an influential mentor to many young Africans. Her
>> extensive involvement with ICANN for the last 7 years both as  a fellow and
>> a member of the constituency underscores her deep commitment and expertise.
>>
>> Furthermore, Muriel's proficiency in both English and French uniquely
>> positions her to effectively represent the diverse interests of the Africa
>> region. I am confident in her abilities and hope she accepts this
>> nomination to bring her valuable perspective to this important role.
>>
>> Thank you for considering this nomination.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Dr. Kossi Amessinou
>> Chair of ONG Women Be Free
>> *Kossi AMESSINOU*
>> *Docteur en Sciences de l'Information et de la Communication*
>> *Expert en gouvernance de l'internet et en transformation digitale*
>> Ancien Directeur de l'Informatique et du Pré-archivage
>> Ancien Coordonnateur de projet et Chef service informatique
>> Téléphone/Whatsapp: +229 95 19 67 02 |+*229 99 38 98 17*
>> Boîte Postale: 01BP7304 Cotonou - Bénin
>> Emails: kamessinou at finances.bj|amessinoukossi at gmail.com
>> http://www.facebook.com/amessinoukossi |
>> www.linkedin.com/pub/kossi-amessinou