[NCUC-DISCUSS] [NCSG-Discuss] Nominations-NCUC 2024 Election Timeline

Flávio Rech Wagner flavio at inf.ufrgs.br
Thu May 16 16:46:03 CEST 2024

I also give my full support to Wisdom! He has the required experience,
both at ICANN and at other important Internet governance spaces, to lead
NCUC in the best possible way, and especially regarding relevant policy
issues.

Best,

Flávio

> +1 for Wisdom
> *Poncelet O. Ileleji
> *
> *Jokkolabs Banjul - Lead / CEO
> *
> *Sait Matty Road, Bakau, Adjacent to Swedish Consulate*
> *KMC, The Gambia*
> *P O Box 4496 Bakau,KMC, The Gambia*
> *Skype: pons_utd*
> *Tel Direct Office: +220 4495115*
> *Tel Mobile/Whatsapp: +220 9912508
> *
> *LinkedIn: Jokkolabs Banjul
> *
> *Facebook: Jokkolabs Banjul*
> *Twitter: @jBanjul*
> *
> *
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 9:19 PM Stephanie Perrin
> <stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
>     Hello NCUC,
>     I am writing to express my support for Wisdom Donkor as NCUC
>     Chair.  Wisdom has been a faithful member of the GNSO Council for
>     the past four years, and has learned a lot about what we do at
>     ICANN.  I think he would be an excellent NCUC Chair, and would
>     continue the good work that Ben has started on policy issues.
>     This would be a new role for him, and I think he would do an
>     excellent job and represent us all well.  In my opinion we need
>     closer links between the constituencies and the work that we as a
>     stakeholder group in NCSG are expected to perform, so Council
>     experience is really helpful to close that loop.
>
>     It is great to see the enthusiasm and nominations this year, let’s
>     keep it up all year after the elections.  Best of luck to all, and
>     my full support to Wisdom.
>
>     Stephanie Perrin
>
>>     On May 14, 2024, at 8:40 AM, Andrea Glandon
>>     <andrea.glandon at ICANN.ORG> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello all!
>>     Nominations are coming in fast and furious. It’s great to see!
>>     Please confirm nominationshere
>>     <https://community.icann.org/x/1wFyEw>. On this wiki page, the
>>     candidates will also find the information requested for their
>>     candidate statements which are due on 24 May 2024. Please let
>>     know if you see a nomination missing so that I can check my emails.
>>     Thanks!
>>     Kind Regards,
>>     Andrea
>>     *From:*Ncuc-discuss <ncuc-discuss-bounces at lists.ncuc.org> on
>>     behalf of Andrea Glandon <andrea.glandon at icann.org>
>>     *Date:*Monday, May 6, 2024 at 14:56
>>     *To:*NCUC-discuss <ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org>
>>     *Subject:*[Ext] [NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC 2024 Election Timeline
>>     Dear all,
>>     Please see below the election timeline and the positions that are
>>     open. You can also find the election wikihere
>>     <https://community.icann.org/x/1wFyEw>.
>>
>>     13 May-27 May: Check-in period
>>
>>     13 May-20 May: Nomination period
>>
>>     24 May Deadline for nomination acceptance and candidate statement.
>>
>>     28 May: Meet the candidates call (if necessary)
>>
>>     29 May (00:00 UTC)-05 June (23:59 UTC): Voting

> [...]
Prof. Flávio Rech Wagner

Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
Instituto de Informática
Porto Alegre, Brasil

Presidente da Internet Society Brasil
flavio at inf.ufrgs.br,info at isoc.org.br