[NCUC-DISCUSS] [2022-NomCom] NomCom Selection Announcement for ICANN Leadership Positions

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:17:00 CEST 2022

Hello, all,

I am sorry to be joining this thread later but I happen to agree with
Farzaneh that its really unfortunate that we did not have any female board
appointee and to also see the regional diversity shrinking as pointed out
by Rafik. I understand that other parts of the world might have had to
change thair focus and work perspectives during the pandemic and even scale
down their engagement with ICANN but thats no excuse for the org to
continue experiencing a board constellation that is nowhere near gender
parity - and speaking as a female member of the community leadership,  i
really hoped that the NomCom had this in mind.

Do we think it would be the case of writing a letter or asking for a
meeting with NomCom in one of the upcoming meetings ? id be happy to help
facilitate.

Best,
Bruna

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 9:57 PM Remmy Nweke <remmyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Weldone Peter for sharing
> ___________________
> REMMY NWEKE,  *mNUJ, mNGE, mGOCOP*
> Lead Consulting Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
> *ITREALMS Media* group [*Multiple-award winning medium*]
> (ITREALMS <http://www.itrealms.com.ng/>, DigitalSENSE Business Magazine
> <http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng/businessnews>; NaijaAgroNet
> <http://www.naijaagronet.com.ng/>)
> No. 36 Afariogun Street, Oshodi-Lagos
> M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, T: @ITRealms
> <http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
> @DigitalSENSEng
> 2022 *Nigeria DigitalSENSE Forum on IG4D*, Thursday June 9
> <https://www.itrealms.com.ng/>
> 2022 *ITREALMS* e-Waste Dialogue, Thursday December 8
> <https://www.itrealms.com.ng/>
> @Welcome Center Hotels, Int'l Airport Road, Lagos-Nigeria
> <http://welcomecentrehotels.com/>
> Former Vice President, African Civil Society on Information Society (ACSIS)
> *Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
> are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
> only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
> responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the
> intended
> recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
> not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
> any copies. Violators may face court persecution.
>

> On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 9:33 AM Akinremi Peter Taiwo <
> compsoftnet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> I am happy to let you know that the Nomcom selection has been finally
>> published on the website. Below are the people selected to ICANN leadership
>> positions to begin their term in September 2022.
>>
>> *ICANN Board of Directors*
>> Maarten Botterman
>> Europe
>>
>> Christopher Chapman
>> Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands
>>
>> Sajidur Rahman
>> Asia, Australia, Pacific Islands
>>

>> *Public Technical Identifiers Board of Directors*
>> Tobias Sattler
>> Europe
>>
>> *At-Large Advisory Committee*
>> Eduardo Díaz
>> North America
>>
>> Tommi Karttaavi
>> Europe
>>
>> *Country Code Names Supporting Organization Council*
>> Olga Cavalli
>> Latin America and the Caribbean
>>
>> *Generic Names Supporting Organization Council*
>> Anne Aikman-Scalese
>> North America
>>
>> More information of the process can be found here:
>> https://www.icann.org/en/announcements/details/icanns-2022-nominating-committee-announces-leadership-selections-11-08-2022-en
>>
>> Regards.

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

German Chancellor Fellow 21' (Bundeskanzler-Stipendiatin) | Alexander von
Humboldt Foundation <https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/>

Visiting Researcher (Gastwissenschaftlerin) | Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin
für Sozialforschung (WZB) <https://wzb.eu/en>

Member | Coalizão Direitos na Rede <https://direitosnarede.org.br/>
Chair | Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group at ICANN
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/ncsg>
Co-Coordinator | Internet Governance Caucus  <https://igcaucus.org/>

Twitter: @boomartins <https://twitter.com/boomartins> // Skype:
bruna.martinsantos