[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC 2022 Leadership Elections Timeline - Checkin starts Tuesday, April 26th !

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 22:22:15 CEST 2022

Dear NCUC members,

As ICANN transitions from virtual gradually to face to face meetings, there
is an adjustment to our elections schedule as indicated in the NCSG
announcement. In order to make travel arrangements ready for ICANN AGM, for
the elected officials later in the year. We will host elections a bit
sooner than usual.
 As previously, these will take place at the same time as those of NCSG and
NPOC.

Please find below vital information as regards the election process.

At the NCUC level, you will have the opportunity to choose your leadership
team. Here is the current team, along with term counts (do note that no one
is currently term limited)

Chair - Benjamin Akinmoyeje - Eligible for reelection, completed 1 term
EC Africa - Ines - Eligible for reelection, completed 1 term.
EC APAC - Vacant  - suitable candidate to be nominated.
EC Europe - Olga Kyryliuk - Eligible for reelection, completed 2 terms
EC LAC - Lia Hernández - Eligible for reelection, completed 2 terms
EC NA - Ken Herman - Eligible for reelection, completed 2 terms

*NCUC ELECTIONS TIMELINE *
*26 April:* Check-in begins
*28 April - 05 May:* Nomination Period
*05 May:* Deadline for nomination acceptance and candidate statement.
*6 May:* Meet the candidates call / Check-in ends
*9 May (00:00 UTC) to 16 May (23:59 UTC): *Confidential, electronic voting
period
*17 May: *Announcement of results

*Slots *
*According to our bylaws, NCSG and GNSO council terms, the following
positions will be open for nominations: *

* 26 April: Check-in begins *

A few important points:

   - You need to check-in into our voting system in order for you to be
   able to vote.
   - If you desire to run for a position, you need to be nominated; you may
   self-nominate.
   - We will have a NCUC meet the candidates call where every candidate for
   every position will be invited to introduce themselves, their vision for
   the position they are running for, and answer questions from the members.

Feel free to contact me or any other EC members should you have questions.

Have a nice day,

Benjamin Akinmoyeje