[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nominating Taiwo Akinremi for EC Africa

Corinne Cath corinnecath at gmail.com
Thu May 27 11:27:57 CEST 2021

Can someone please point me in the direction of the unsubscribe button for
NCUC? kind regards, Corinne

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 11:14 AM Bonface Witaba via Ncuc-discuss <
ncuc-discuss at lists.ncuc.org> wrote:

> +1 for Taiwo Akinremi.
>

> It does NOT matter how SLOWLY you GO so long as you do Not STOP.
> --Confucious (Chinese Philosopher and Reformer)
>

> On 2021-05-25 6:41 p.m., Akinremi Peter Taiwo wrote:
>
> *Dear NCUC Colleagues, *
>

> Thank you Tomslin for putting my name forward to serve as the next NCUC
> EC-Africa and finding me fit for such a riveiling role. My appreciation
> also goes to members that have publicly supported my nomination and the
> entire NCUC members.  And I hope with your support we will lift Africa and
> NCUC to the next level of development.
>

> I hereby accept the nomination for the NCUC-EC Africa.
>

> Regards
>
> Peter
>
> On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 2:25 AM Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to nominate Taiwo Akinremi for EC Africa. He has shown keen
> in interest in GNSO policy work and NCUC representation in general. This
> can be seen in the multiple public comments drafting he has volunteered
> for, an NCUC representative to the NCSG policy committee and a volunteer to
> the GNSO Standing Selection Committee.
>
> I believe he brings experience to the NCUC executive. I hope he accepts
> the nomination.
>
> Cheers,
> Tomslin
>

> On Fri., 14 May 2021, 01:01 Maryam Bakoshi, <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>
> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>

> As a reminder *Nomination* starts today *Thursday **1**3 May 20**21**
> through to Thursday **27 May** 20**21**.*
>

> The following positions are up for election:
>
>    1. Chair - Raphaël Beauregard-Lacroix - Eligible for reelection,
>    completed 1 term
>    2. EC Africa - Benjamin Akinmoyeje - Eligible for reelection,
>    completed 2 terms
>    3. EC APAC - Mili Semlani - Eligible for reelection, completed 2 terms
>    4. EC Europe - Olga Kyryliuk - Eligible for reelection, completed 1
>    term
>    5. EC LAC - Lia Hernández - Eligible for reelection, completed 1 term
>    6. EC NA - Ken Herman - Eligible for reelection, completed 1 term
>
> **Nomination* *Process:**
>
> You can nominate someone of self-nominate.
>
> *For the statement, the nominated candidate should answer*:
>
>  * Name, declared region of residence, gender and employment;
>  * Any conflicts of interest;
>
> Questions:
>
>    1.  Why do you want to serve on the EC?
>    2.  Provide a brief biography of recent experience, associations, and
>    affiliations relevant to serving on the Executive Committee. Describe the
>    relevance of your personal and professional experience to serve on
>    the NCUC Executive Committee, and identify any conflicts of interests you
>    might have.
>    3.  The EC performs several functional responsibilities for the
> [...]

Corinne Cath - Speth
Ph.D. Candidate, Oxford Internet Institute & Alan Turing Institute

Web: www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/corinne-cath
Email: ccath at turing.ac.uk & corinnecath at gmail.com
Twitter: @C_CS