[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCSG's input for the Accuracy Scoping Team

陳曼茹 Manju Chen manju at nii.org.tw
Fri Dec 3 04:00:24 CET 2021

Hi all,

My name is Manju Chen, I'm one of your representatives on the accuracy
scoping team with Stephanie.

To put it simply, the accuracy scoping team is tasked by the GNSO Council
to assess the enforcement and its efficiency of registration data accuracy
in the ICANN contract. The assessment should help the scoping team
determines whether work is needed (such as lunching a PDP) to change the
current status. You can find more details here:
https://community.icann.org/display/AST

The scoping team started its weekly meetings in October and is now at the
first stage of its work. We currently have 2 assignments:

   - Provide questions to the ICANN org regarding enforcement and Accuracy
   Reporting System.
   - A gap analysis where we're asked to identify what problem(s) / needs
   are currently not addressed.

You can check out the current list of questions we have here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1arlKdQkbRkE1LuurmDdd-PZP184_AdFm/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=100305727513678344340&rtpof=true&sd=true>.
*If you want to add any questions to the list, please let us know.*

For the gap analysis, we're expected the answer 4 questions:

   1. What is from your perspective the current goal that the existing
   accuracy requirements and enforcement are trying to meet?
   2. How & by whom is it or can it be measured whether these goals are met?
   3. Are there any goals that have been overlooked? If yes, please explain
   what additional goals should be considered in the context of accuracy
   requirements and why (what problem(s) / needs (s) are these goals expected
   to address)?
   4. How and by whom have these problem(s) / need(s) been documented or
   how and by whom should it be documented?

Please feel free to provide any feedback or input you want us to add to our
answers to the questions. Please provide your input before *8 December
(UTC23:59)*.

Looking forward to your input! Thanks!

Best,
Manju