[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomination of Lia Hernández to NCUC EC LAC

Yawri Carr Q yawridaho04 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 21:44:48 CEST 2020

Dear NCUC members,

Considering today is the last day of nominations, as an individual member
of the NCUC and as part of the central American civil society, I would like
to nominate Lia Hernández for the NCUC EC Latin America and Caribbean
position.

Lia is known for the organization she leads, working actively and totally
committed on the promotion, advocacy and research of Internet Public Policy
and the defense and extension of digital rights in Central America. As
well, building alliances with civil society throughout the whole Latin
America and Caribbean region. She is well-known in ICANN as she’s part of
various ICANN constituencies.

Probably no any Central American woman has occupied this position before.
So on, I closely know about her strong interest to work from this extent,
willing to make sure that civil society’s voice in the whole LAC region is
heard. Lia will much probably accept this nomination with a great
excitement and responsibility!

All the best,
Yawri Carr