[NCUC-DISCUSS] Candidate Statements

franco giandana fgiandana at gmail.com
Thu May 28 17:54:09 CEST 2020

Dear NCUC Constituents,

In my previous email, I presented my interest in continuing my role as the
LAC representative to the NCUC EC. In that occasion, I mentioned different
reasons for this and explained my commitment to the NCUC and gave examples
of future plans to serve the constituents from my region and the NCUC and
ICANN community in the best way I can.

In this occasion I will provide you with my thoughts following the
candidate statement structure. I hope you will find this mail clarifying.

Name: Franco Giandana

Declared region of residence: LAC

Gender and employment: Male - IT-IP Lawyer

* Any conflicts of interest; None.

*Questions:*

   - Why do you want to serve on the EC?

I have already sat as LAC rep. within the NCUC EC for one term, and I
believe this opportunity to be a privilege. Furthermore, I am confident
that I with continuing in this role, I will be able to strengthen the NCUC
LAC community engagement with the constituency and the ICANN communtiy.

   - Provide a brief biography of recent experience, associations, and
   affiliations relevant to serving on the Executive Committee. Describe the
   relevance of your personal and professional experience to serve on
   the NCUC Executive Committee, and identify any conflicts of interests you
   might have.

   First as an ICANN fellow, and later as the LAC rep. to the NCUC EC, I
   have developed a sincere interest to the internet governance ecosystem
   and ICANN. During this whole time, I have met wonderful people that
   inspires me to do a great job and I believe that, in the path of
   learning more about ICANN, I will be able to perform better. As an IT-IP
   lawyer I am involved in other Internet Governance initiatives which I think
   build my profile as a young profesional involved in the IG world.
   - The EC performs several functional responsibilities for the
   Constituency. What level of time commitment can you bring to your EC role
   on a weekly and overall basis? Describe any concerns or limitations on your
   ability to attend online meetings of the Executive Committee and ICANN
   Meetings in person.

   My level of commitment will be the same as the one I have now, or even
   bigger. I can put in the amount of time that is needed to conduct this role
   in the best way possible.
   - Communication with the membership is critical. How would you keep
   members apprised of your EC-related activities?

   I personally know many of the people in the LAC NCUC community, which is
   a great asset to keeping the community informed. At the same time, I will
   keep posting information on social media and sending emails.

I hope this information is helpful. I wish you all a good day.

Kind regards,

Franco