[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN67 - First Official Day

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:49:46 CET 2020

Dear NCUC,

ICANN67 has started! In this new  virtual model of meetings, we had 3
sessions during the weekend:

Saturday:
- Joint AFRALO - AfrICANN meeting
<https://67.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1152516>

Sunday:
- What to Expect at ICANN67 for Newcomers
<https://67.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1152517>
- ICANN Org Operating Plan and Budget
<https://67.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1152518>

But today presents a more filled up agenda as the meeting starts with the
first public forum, at 9h15 Cancun time (UTC-5). This first Public Forum is
also a new thing as it will be a thematic one, looking to set a "Community
Dialogue on the  <https://67.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1152519>Proposed
Transfer of Ownership of the Public Interest Registry
<https://67.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1152519>".

Other highlights of the day are (a) the first of three meetings of the New
gTLD Subsequent Procedu <https://67.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1152554>res
WG <https://67.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1152554>, set to happen from
12:15 - 13:45, local time (utc-5); and the first of four meetings of the Review
of all Rights Protection Mechanisms in gTLDs
<https://67.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1152567> WG
<https://67.schedule.icann.org/meetings/1152567>, set to take place from
13:45 - 15:15 (UTC-5).

The full schedule can be found here: https://67.schedule.icann.org/meetings.
And, as this is our first take on a virtual meeting for the ICANN
community, feel free to communicate your concerns about sessions and
discussions at our lists or slack channel <https://icann-ncsg.slack.com/>.

Best Regards,

Bruna Santos
NCUC Chair