[NCUC-DISCUSS] Meeting with PIR - Recording

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:54:59 CET 2020

Dear NCSG and NCUC,

Here follows the link to the recording of the webinar we had with the PIR
team this morning -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-hWhk02kus&feature=youtu.be - for
your information.

At the call we discussed some possible amendments to the proposed Public
Interest Commitment related to the .org and heard some new information such
as their recently open *Public Engagement Process
<https://www.keypointsabout.org/public-engagement>. *According to PIR this
is an opportunity for their community to provide input on the "proposed
safeguards for the Community; specifically, the legally binding commitments
contained in the Public Interest Commitments (“PIC”), the .ORG Stewardship
Council and anchoring PIR in a Public Benefit LLC framework". This
*consultation* period will be open until March 13th and those of us who
attended the webinar think it might be a good experience to reinforce the
points mentioned at the NCSG letter to ICANN as well as propose some new
amendments to the PICs in subjects such as - FoE and so on. Are there any
other volunteers who would like to join this effort of drafting a new set
of suggestions ? Looking forward to hearing from you all on this! Best,
Bruna Santos NCUC Chair

--
*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos