[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCSG Election Clarifications

Vaibhav Aggarwal, Catalyst & Group CEO va at bladebrains.com
Mon Jun 1 22:25:58 CEST 2020

Dear Community,

Just a Thought, that If Automatic Winning has to be done - then why Vote ? There is no Democracy in that ? And Gender Diversity should be with Equals then too - From that perspective If there are three Women the Male Wins - Have I ever Seen this Anywhere in any Forum ?

I hope I am allowed to Voice my concerns over the process and its not considered “UnFriendly” because the voice is always Important.
The Legalty in the matter is clear - The Bylaws cannot be above any prevailing law & matter of governance are to be legal in nature. Similarly the Extension of the Nomination. It docent exist. How can we be so creative about it And If so - then there should be a voting - a Poll - a proper procedure adhered to.
The ICANN Charter does not lay this procedure anywhere - in its elections SOP - Elect is Elect - How will you distinguish votes basis Gender - From that perspective there is a Third Gender Which is widely accepted - there should be a resolution for that too.

This is a Policy Matter - It cant be emotional - or dealt with “Neopotism” for anything. Has to be Straight Forward. Hope my views are taken into account.

Regards,
-VA