[NCUC-DISCUSS] Reuters reports new cooperative formed to take over management of .ORG

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Wed Jan 22 20:03:45 CET 2020

Kathy,
The issue of whether the transfer from a nonprofit to a for-profit is allowed is indeed a legal matter and will be settled in the courts. It will not be affected in the slightest by the public relations efforts of the “stop the sale” advocates. I do suspect, however, that things between ISOC and Ethos would not have gotten this far if the answer was obviously negative. But who knows?

Once that issue is resolved, we are still left with the RA between ICANN and PIR, are we not?

--MM