[NCUC-DISCUSS] Reuters reports new cooperative formed to take over management of .ORG

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Mon Jan 20 19:17:05 CET 2020

Thank you, Martin, for hitting the nail on the head:

So, unless we can oppose with success, we need to know what are the rules that our conflict will be ruled by. As I see, or best shot is to use the leverage we have to “reasonable oppose” to ask for modification in the agreement with ethos, so we make sure .org stays for the community. In the end, I don’t see ICAN legal going to court against ISOC, Ethos and PIR in a million dollar conflict, jeopardising the .org stability and the ripples it would cause.

If we are going to re open .org and terminate ISOC, then we should do an open round, no hand picking. And we should put all our concerns in the agreement.

+100