[NCUC-DISCUSS] NomCom update

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Fri May 31 09:27:16 CEST 2019

Thanks Caleb. I am definitely not the only NomCom member to be concerned
about diversity. Many are. In particular, but not exclusively, our
colleagues from At Large. I think the challenge is how to develop a
better understanding of what i s meant by diversity, of why it is
important, and of mechanisms to ensure it. Relying on people's goodwill
is not enough, in my view.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. I urge people to start
thinking about being on NomCom 2020.

Anriette

Anriette Esterhuysen
Senior advisor on internet governance, policy advocacy and strategic planning
Association for Progressive Communications
apc.org
afrisig.org
anriette at apc.org