[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN leadership positions LAST FEW DAYS

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Mon Mar 18 10:44:10 CET 2019

Dear all

The closing date to apply for ICANN leadership positions is 22 March
(extended from 18 March). So just a few days left. These are the
positions we are recruiting for:

  * Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors.
  * One member of the PTI Board of Directors.
  * Three regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee
    (ALAC) – one from the Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands region,
    one from the Latin America and Caribbean Islands region, one from
    the Africa region.
  * Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council.
  * One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO)
    Council.

Please look at the call and give serious consideration to the criteria
and if you meet them, or know of people who do, please apply or
encourage others to do so.  For board positions our particular priority
is to recruit people from Africa, as the terms of  current serving board
members from Africa, Cherine Chalaby and Khaled Koubaa - both from North
Africa -  expire at the AGM later this year. The term of Mike Silber,
from South Africa, was up last year. Please help us with outreach. The
board currently has the maximum number of board members from North
America so we will not be accepting board applicants from that region.
But this does not apply to the other leadership positions.. only to the
board.

More here:

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2019-02-19-en

Also read this blog from NomCom outreach subcommittee chair, Pablo
Rodriguez, for updates on some of the 'nuts and bolts' work we have done
this year. This is part of NomCom's effort to increase transparency
about our work processes.. and important goal that we set for ourselves
last year.

https://www.icann.org/news/blog/nominating-committee-recruitment-preparations-in-place-for-10-leadership-positions

Hope everyone is well and that those who attended the Kobe meeting
traveled home safely. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any
questions about NomCom's work.

Warm regards

Anriette (appointed to NomCom by NCUC)

--