[NCUC-DISCUSS] ABRs - Welcoming suggestions until 14th Jan, noon (utc time).

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Mon Jan 14 00:31:13 CET 2019

On 14 Jan 2019, at 00:22, Ayden Férdeline <icann at ferdeline.com<mailto:icann at ferdeline.com>> wrote:

Just thinking out loud-

Could it be useful to request the support of a 0.5 FTE policy consultant (of the NCSG's choosing), to support our ongoing policy development activities? I am thinking of someone to document past NCSG policy positions by creating an archived and searchable observatory of past NCSG, NCUC, and NPOC statements, and to engage in policy research activities in areas where volunteer burn-out has us stretched to capacity.

Good idea, but we will not get it as we rejected the concept before (A huge mistep by us IMO)

In addition, could we perhaps ask for a modest, one-off contribution of $50,000 to 'kick start' a Stakeholder Group Support Fund, given we have established over the past week on our list that the NCSG has no money. I would suggest that we would only use this Support Fund to support our advocacy work and independent research on the DNS, and we would cap spend at max. $20k/year, and that it would not be used to fund travel.

I think that a more specific version of this could be useful, it needs to be for a specific reason however, a “to do what we want with” won’t get approved IMO.
Best wishes, Ayden Férdeline