[NCUC-DISCUSS] [Travel Support] NCUC's last CROP Call for FY 19 (travels to be completed until June 30th)

Olévié Kouami olivierkouami at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 19:34:59 CEST 2019

HEllo all

Greetings from Dakar region, Senegal my new residency sionce 10 months.
I can now inform ypu all that, I have leave my original country TOGO
because of socio-political instability in this country. This situation, is
delaying more and more and is not good for my jobs and my hapiness, so I
left and join SENEGAL, the TERANGA (land of hospitality).

So, I'm interested in use the NCUC last CROP to attend the West Africa IGF
to be held in Banjul, The Gambia this year.

Please, let me knox if I'm eligible for such a position ? I'm also a member
of the NPOC.

Thank you in advance for all

Ayaovi Olevie KOUAMI
NCUC member

Le mer. 24 avr. 2019 à 05:41, Bruna Martins dos Santos <
bruna.mrtns at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Dear NCUC,
>
> This is to inform you of one travel slot for our members to travel to
> events and do outreach/inreach for NCUC through a program known as CROP
> (Community Regional Outreach Program).
>
> The final FY19 CROP guidelines are consistent with the other community
> travel and outreach programs that the ICANN org administers. Accordingly,
> the fundamental principle is that CROP funding is to be used for FY19
> outreach efforts that are directly and demonstrably related to ongoing
> ICANN policy, technical, and advisory activities, in accordance with the
> new CROP guidelines and additional specific criteria.
>
> The first two CROP slots received for the FY19 were used for ICANN64 and
> ICANN65, respectively. Given that FY19 ends in June 30, our last CROP
> slot will be focusing on regional events. Please bear in mind that in
> light of this timeline selected applicants are expected to have returned to
> their country of departure before June 30.
>
> For those amongst you who are interested, we strongly recommend that you
> consult the CROP guidelines
> <https://community.icann.org/display/CROP19/CROP+Procedures+and+Guidelines>
> and the NCUC Operating Procedures before applying. Important reminder is
> that the slot should be used "for a meeting occurring in its region that
> is assessed by the relevant regional Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE)
> regional vice-president as being: (i) directly and demonstrably related to
> ongoing ICANN policy, advisory or technical activities (e.g. a Regional
> Internet Registry meeting), and (ii) is consistent with the ICANN
> Organization’s outreach plan for that region".
>
> In your application, please include the following information:
>
>    -
>
>    Name
>    -
>
>    State the departure and arrival dates/city.
>
> (** MPORTANT: (a) we ask that all applicants try to leave and return to
> the country of their original departure; and (b) Trips must originate and
> conclude within the same region and must be taken by someone located in the
> region where the meeting is taking place. No out-of-region travel will be
> permitted.**)
>
>    -
>
>    Short statement explaining why you would like to attend this meeting
>    representing NCUC and a short project/plan of engagement.
>    -
>
>    Give a short background on which working groups/policy discussions you
>    currently participate or have participated.
>

> Please be aware that the deadline for applications is 30th April 2019, and
> the results will be announced shortly after. All interested members
> should send their application to bruna.mrtns at gmail.com and
> maryam.bakoshi at icann.org.
>
> For more information on FY19 CROP changes, please see here
> <https://www.icann.org/news/blog/fy19-community-regional-outreach-program-crop-ready-for-use-by-eligible-icann-communities>

> [...]

Ayaovi Olévié Agbenyo KOUAMI*
Consultant & Formateur Senior en T.I.C.
CEO de l'INTIC4DEV (Institut ds TIC pour le développement)
CTO du FOSSFA (http://www.fossfa.net)
Eminent National Expert for the WSA  (http://www.wsis-award.org)
Membre de l'ICANN (http://www.icann.org)
Membre de l'Internet Society (http://www.isoc.org)