[NCUC-DISCUSS] Candidate statement

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 00:21:46 CEST 2018

Thank you

I would like to ask you here how are you going to change the relationship
of npoc and ncuc when you ran for NPOC election, Winning a contested seat (
I thought it was NPOC EC, is it EC or PC or both?) and then decided to come
back and run for an NCUC position? When you moved there we thought you want
to help build NPOC.

 I don't see any indication that you will be resigning from NPOC position
if you get elected. Will you not resign?  Are you planning to hold both
positions?

even if you resign from NPOC I think you running for NCUC EC after having
won in npoc election was not fair.   NCUC and NPOC have been trying to work
together and I sincerely don't think the way to enhance their relationship
is the way you have chosen.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 1:30 PM David Cake <dave at davecake.net> wrote:

>         I accepted the nomination for NCUC EC Asia Pacific representative
> for three reasons.
> I have long experience with ICANN, particularly with its policy processes,
> but also with its community leaders etc. There is a lot of history and it
> is a very complex institution that takes years to fully understand. I think
> the EC having at least once member with significant experience with ICANN
> policy processes (such as how GNSO council operates, the policy development
> process, historical interactions with other parts of ICANN such as the ALAC
> or GAC) is very valuable.
>
>         I intend to work on Asia Pacific regional coordination and
> outreach issues in the next year, beginning with attendance at the
> OpenTechFund Summit in Taipei shortly after the ICANN Barcelona meeting. I
> intend to do this anyway, and of course it will involve talking to many
> NCUC (and NCSG) colleagues in any event, but I feel it will be
> significantly better if we are able to link it outreach efforts through
> those networks to NCUC regional outreach efforts.
>
>         And I think we have a good chance to change the relationship
> between NCUC and NPOC to one that is more cooperative and complementary
> than it has historically been, and I am committed to working towards that.
>
>         I hope my ICANN record is known to many by now - NCSG GNSO
> Councillor for 4 years, 2 as Vice-Chair, a lot of working group experience
> including the Next-generation RDS working group Vice-chair, etc. I have
> previously served on the NCUC Executive Committee, and for a short time as
> acting Chair of NCUC, in 2012. I am currently the chair of the NPOC Policy
> Committee, and as such a member of the NCSG Policy committee.
>
>         David

Farzaneh