[NCUC-DISCUSS] 2018 NCUC Elections: Candidate Acceptance and Statement

Akinremi Peter Taiwo compsoftnet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 19:59:41 CEST 2018

*To: *

*NCUC Members*

*Statement of Interest.*

I will be honored to earn the trust of the NUCU and NCSG members to serve
on NCUC EC.  I’m with full confidence that my participation in the EC will
help achieve the NCUC objectives as set *out in the NCUC charter and in the
mind of every NCUC member*

Working with the stakeholders in the ICANN environment and Internet
Governance for a number of years have given me a sense of responsibility
and commitment that is required to effectively function and assume a bigger
task. Putting myself forward as the EC for Africa is to continue the
excellent works of the ex-EC while bringing new perspectives that would
enhance NCUC activeness and participation in the ICANN environment.

Working within a leadership team and collaboratively on several projects as
ACSIS regional Coordinator for the West, I got a better sense of roles and
responsibilities of the EC. I understand that an EC member needs to
understand and be aligned with NCUC objective. My involvement in ICANN and
IG discussions, public comment and willingness to engage, contribute and to
representing the interest of the end users has impacted my capacity to take
on task that demand commitment.

I’m aware of the strong need and challenges that interface with effective
collaboration in the ICANN environment. In summary, I will be bringing the
energy, the right skills, leadership experience and aptitude that NCUC
needs to engage with different views that surface from different
stakeholders.

At this juncture, I can’t but ask the following questions. How do we bring
back the experience of the NCUC? How do we restore trust that has long
gone? How do we recruit without making them a dormant fellow and finally,
how do we keep living together to advance NCUC objective. My simple answer
to all these questions is embedded in love, discipline, sacrifice and
compromise

I look forward to serve in my full capacity.

Thank You!

*Akinremi Peter Taiwo*